LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eurotherm 2404 Manual Mode %power setpoint

Solved!
Go to solution

I am utilizing the LabView driver ET24xx. It works nicely if I wish to set and control in automated mode. I am seeking the ability to build a vi which allows me to change to Manual mode (able to do this) and adjust the set point (unable to do this). The setpoint in Manual Mode is typically the percent power output. I would like to be able to set that to something other than 0% or 100% however when I utilize the driver there does not appear to be a method of manipulating this. I know I am missing something and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Tennessee Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,714 Views)

Tennessee Paul,

I've downloaded the driver and it seems that Eurotherm did not allow a percent power output option for anything except -100%, 0%, and 100%. On a low level, these drivers are simply making visa read and write calls to send and receive data. If you refer to the manual for your specific device, maybe you can determine what command should be sent to the device to configure that parameter or if the device can handle percent power outputs other than what is configurable by the drivers. Possibly contacting Eurotherm would be a good step if you get stuck since they are the manufacturer of the drivers.

Robert B
RF Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,676 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TennesseePaul

Thank you Robert. After much investigation I discovered the solution:

Utilize the VI: ET24XX Configure OP Main Parameters 2.vi

key point in utilizing this VI. The power parameter (or control) labeled Target Output Power is in tenths. A value of 5 = 50%. A value of 0.5 = 5%. With this VI no value greater than 10 will work. The VI will timeout on the Write command if the value is greater than 10. I'm not sure why this VI was drawn up this way. Removing the Target Output Power x 10 portion and wiring the Target Output Power control directly to the build array within the VI allows for a more intuitive entry of the power, as long as one realizes the Target Output Power value is %.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,672 Views)