LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EthernetIP

Hello

How can I send an exact plot to the function EthernetIP CIP Set Attribute Single VI?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,929 Views)

You might need to explain a bit about the context.

@labview99 wrote:

How can I send an exact plot to the function EthernetIP CIP Set Attribute Single VI?

Exact plot of what?

What function is "EthernetIP CIP Set Attribute Single VI"? Probably from a toolkit? Which one?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,848 Views)

Sorry, I am going to try to explain it better.

I have the program attached bellow. I want to sent a plot in "data to set" of 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0.... and I want to check in " data received" if the plot that I sent is correct.

I hope I explained myself better.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,835 Views)

Hi 99,

which device are your communicating with?

Why do you need to use these messaging functions?

What is the problem with your VI? Do you get any errors? (There is no error handling, not even a error cluster to show errors…)

@labview99 wrote:

I want to sent a plot in "data to set" of 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0....

Just write these data in the "data to set" array…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,827 Views)

That sub VI (that is missing) has a resource in and out.

This usually means you have to initialize the resource (once) then do use it (in a loop) then close it.

It's still not clear what this sub VI does, what it should do and where it comes from...

Using the sub VI in parallel might or might not be allowed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,815 Views)

Judging by your rather vague description I am guessing you want to send some data (looks like an array of integers) to another computer on a LAN and have the receiver acknowledged the data sent? 

Open up the LabVIEW Help and search for examples using TCP as the search term and look at the "Simple TCP." example

Then come back when you have questions

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,803 Views)

Ethernet IP is ODVA CIP object model over ethernet, its a lot like devicenet but over ethernet rather than CAN.

I have done a fair bit with ethernetIP in the past, but sadly I don't understand the question.

Likely it relates the the NI ethernetIP toolkit. It used to be an NI labs thing back in the day, but think its a paid addon these days.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,735 Views)

I am communicating with the JXC91 and I am trying to send a signal to energize the cylinder.
Then I want to check if the signal corresponding to when you energize the cylinder has been activated

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,646 Views)

Hi,

I am trying to connect with a cylinder with ethernet from labview and I have got it because I have done different functions where I have probed that this connection is good. Now, I am doing a different function and I have found this error and I don´t understand why it apperas.

I attach also the program

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,458 Views)