LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT slave stations can't work perfectly in DC mode with NI-PXI8840Q controller (RT)

Hi All! I need some help. I created a project which is made of two parts. The host run on a Windows10 PC (display HMI...) , the second part works on a NI-PXI8840Q controller (RT) linked to two EtherCAT slave stations(ESC chip is LAN9252). The EtherCAT slave stations work perfectly when the master is TwinCAT, either in Freerun mode or DC mode. When it with NI-PXI8840Q, I built a vi to read Ethercat variables from the host, it works OK when the slave stations didn't enable distributed clock. But, when the slave stations enable distributed clock, one of the CPU cores of the NI-PXI8840Q will quickly reach 100% utilization, and the LabVIEW application will become unresponsive. Afbout two minutes later, an error window pops up indicating that there was an error switching the I/O scanning engine and that the LabVIEW :(Hex 0x80DF0019)deployment connection has timed out.
The NI-PXI8840Q is unning on Labview 2016 RT. The EtherCAT driver is 16.0 version.
It just won't work properly in DC mode. Does someone have any idea about this problem ? Any suggestion is welcome .... Thanks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(787 Views)

Hi,

1. Would you mind share your VI at here?
  2. Maybe is the RT controller is corrupted. I got find similiar case.

If a project is configured to contain an NI 9870 or 9871 module but the module isn't physically in the chassis, deploying the chassis will result in software corruption on VxWorks controllers. This and subsequent deployments will result in the following error: LabVIEW: (Hex 0x80DF0019) The deployment connection has timed out. To determine which operating system your controller is running, refer to Knowledgebase 4LRA4IQ0: What Operating System is my Real-Time Controller Running and Why?

-- From NI-RIO 3.6.0 and 3.6.1 Known Issues - NI

If you face any problem during troubleshooting, we can discuss at here again for next step.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(716 Views)