From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errror 0xc0000018 when running DAQmx 16 on Windows 10

Hi,

I have LabView 2016 on my computer, which is only compatible to DAQmx 16, and I downloaded DAQmx 16 from official site, but the error below came out when I double click the DAQmx 16. Can any help me install this DAQmx 16. Thank you so much.
error

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,206 Views)

I don't understand "running DAQmx 16".  DAQmx is a series of functions (an API) for communicating with a number of NI Devices.  Can you attach the VI that you are trying to run?  Be sure the attachment has the extension .vi (we need to be able to run it ourselves).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,201 Views)

This looks like it's a message from trying to run the DAQmx 16.0 installer is that correct? If you downloaded it from our website there is an MD5 checksum under the download link which you can use to check if there was some problem downloading it from our site.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,199 Views)

sorry for confusion, it's the DAQmx 16 installer, so it' should be "installing" instead of "running".

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,194 Views)

Hi,

I have LabView 2016 on my computer, which is only compatible to DAQmx 16, and I downloaded DAQmx 16 installer from official site, but the error below came out when I double click the it. Can any help me install this DAQmx 16. Thank you so much.Untitled.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,186 Views)

Don't create a new message with the same question.  Your new message thread has been merged with the old.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,178 Views)

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Message 7 of 9
(4,080 Views)

Nevermind. I have found the solution myself.
In my case I used NI Update Service to install DAQmx 16 and it went without problems. I couldn't install it from the file alone.

Message 8 of 9
(4,070 Views)

Hi,

this seems to be a Microsoft Issue, try the following:

1. Press Win+R and type regedit
  2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\­Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windo­­ws
  3. Than search for APPINIT_DLLS and delete the default value
  4. Reboot

Source: Fixing "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018)" in Windows - gHacks Tech News
http://www.ghacks.net/2015/10/16/fixing-the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc0000018-in-...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,756 Views)