LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors with a TDS 1012 scope

Hello,

I am pretty sure that I have what I am looking for. yes there was (and always will be pilot error on my part). The trigger mode was set to auto instead of normal, so I made the change in the example code and the block diagram still goes whitling thru the code and outputs a waveform. 

So  I added a while loop to use the output of the trigger query command from the scope and presto I only get a waveform when when scope has received a trigger.

Regards

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(884 Views)

Hello,

I have used the TRIG STATE command in a loop to decide when to get a waveform from the scope, this results in the vi waiting until the scope has actually been triggered before a waveform has been obtained.

Regards,

Kaspar

Regards,

Kaspar
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(878 Views)

Hi Kaspar,

I am having the exact same error with my DPO7104 scope.  I was hoping you can shoe me hoe you put a loop around the "Trigger Configure Mode".  I would really appreaciate the help.

Chester

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(745 Views)

The loop is NOT around the Trigger Configure Mode. As mentioned earlier, the command TRIG:STATE? returns the status of the trigger and that is what is being looped. You would obviously have to check whether the same command exists for your scope.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(721 Views)

Yes...I have a DPO7104 and that state does exist for my scope.  My issue is that I have three waveforms that on my scope.  I have the trigger set on Channel 1.  When I run my VI and no trigger event has taken place on my scope I get a timeout error -1074000000.  This is expected since that the vi ran and did not see and trigger from the scope.  However, when the scope does trigger with a few seconds after I run my vi code labview still does not see the trigger event.  If I leave the last trigger event on the scope and reset my vi and rerun the vi Labview will take that trigger event.  My goal is to have the scope and labview waiting for a trigger event.  My events take place from 2seconds to as long as 30 seconds.  Is there anymore information you need?

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(718 Views)

Hi Dennis,

I am having some trouble with Labview and my DPO7104 scope.  My goal is to capture waveforms from my scope and save to a file on my computer.  I have my scope connected to a PMT collecting data.  On the scope I have it set in a way I would like where we get a triggered event within 10 seconds.  Other times it could be a few minutes or more before we see an event.  I have it setup in Labview to capture the triggered event and save it to a file.  I am using the vi template for this scope.  The "Edge Triggered Acquisition Waveform Example".  Here is where I do not understand what is going on.  If I clear my scope in which neither the run/stop nor the single mode is light up the vi will timeout and I get the following "Error -1074000000 occurred at tkdpo7k Error Query.vi".  This makes sense since the scope is not in any mode to see a trigger event.  But if I press the signle mode on the scope I will get an event and if I run the vi it will record that event.  Without touching the scope I run the vi again and the scope will be set into the single mode.  However, it will record the last trigger event still appearing on the scope.  

My goal is to have a vi run in which I would the have the scope in a single mode and wait for a trigger event.  Once the trigger events takes place I would like to save the waveform.  Once the waveform is recorded I would like to see the scope cleared and go back into the single mode.  I would like to run the vi to stop with the number of trigger events or to stop over a length of time.

I have been trying to solve this problem for nearly a week but I am just not sure what else to try.  I would really appreaciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(658 Views)