LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errore all'avvio dell'applicazione cliente

Dopo avere installato l'applicazione sul computer del cliente al lancio dell'applicativo si manifesta l'errore: cw3dgrph "Error loading control. A newver version neede. The default settings for the control will be used".
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,533 Views)
Hi there,

Question(EN): After I install a Built LabVIEW application onto a Target Machine, when I launch the .exe file I get the following error:
CW3DGRAPH - "Error loading control. A newer version needed. The default settings for the control will be used".

Answer(EN): the error is telling you that the version of the cw3dgrph.ocx file on the target machine is older than the version you used on your development machine.
The cw3dgrph.ocx is found in the directory
C:\Windows\system32\ and the version can be detected by right-clicking on the file and selecting the Version tab.
Make sure you have the same version both in the development and target machine.

Answer(IT): il problema sta nella diversa versione del componente cw3dgrph.ocx sulla macchina di svilu
ppo e su quella target. Deve fare in modo che sulla macchina target la versione dell'ocx sia la stessa di quella della macchina di sviluppo. Per controllare la versione vada in C:\Windows\system32 faccia click destro sul file cw3dgrph.ocx e selezioni il teb version.

AlessioD
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,531 Views)
I've had this same problem.  The product was a distributable application, and I didn't want one of the installation steps to be registering a ocx file.  I found that LabVIEW application builder will use whatever version of the 3D graph control is installed in the system.  This means that if both LabVIEW 7.1 and LabVIEW 7.0 are installed and an application is built with LabVIEW 7.0, the VI will be using the 3D ActiveX graph control that LabVIEW 7.1 uses.  Then, when a different computer gets the LabVIEW 7.0 run time installed, the application will complain about the wrong cw3dgraph version.  This may be fixed by doing the following on the development computer:
Rename the "cw3dgraph.ocx" (from LabVIEW 7.1) in the Windows/System32 directory to something else.
Copy the "cw3dgraph.ocx" file from the LabVIEW 7.0 installation before building the application to Windows/System32.
Build the applicaiton in LabVIEW 7.0.
With these steps the application will work fine with the ocx file that gets installed from the LabVIEW 7.0 run time engine.
Note that this applies with LabVIEW 8.0 vs. LabVIEW 7.1 as well.  Still a big pain, but at least the pain can be moved to the development instead of distribution.
I've added what I think are the ocx files from LabVIEW 7 and LabVIEW 8, in case it is helpful, but I provide no warranty.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,406 Views)