Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error7 occurred

All set as same as caller

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(257 Views)

I am confusing, should I build the .exe file first then the application or reversed ?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(256 Views)

@ZiadAlkhoury wrote:

I am confusing, should I build the .exe file first then the application or reversed ?

No, we are confusing, you are confused.  I'm going to try to "lessen the confusion".

To start a VI with either VI Server or through Start Asynchronous Call, you need a file path to the VI (which, as you may have learned, can be slightly different if you are asking from a Development or an Execution Environment).  The following method works for both environments:

1. Drop a Static VI Reference (from Application Control Palette) on the Block Diagram.
  2. Right-click, choose Browse for VI and choose the VI you want.  Note that if your VI has an Icon (you do make Icons for your VIs, don't you?), it will appear on the Static VI Reference.
  3. If you are using the Start Asynchronous Call method, right-click the Static Reference and make it Strictly Typed (which puts a red Star on it).
  4. Add a Property Node, wire the Static Reference to the top input,  and chose the VI Path (or VI Name) property.
  5. Add Open VI Reference and wire the Path (or Name) to the VI Path input.  If using Start Asynchronous Call, wire the (Strictly-Typed) Static Reference to the top "Type" input, and choose an appropriate Option (80 for Call and Forget, 100 for Call and Collect, add 40 if using Clones).
  6. Pass the now-qualified VI Reference to Start Asynchronous Call (see below) or to VI Server.  This starts the VI running (you may need a few more Bells and Whistles if using VI Server -- I've only used Start Asynchronous once it was introduced 7-8 years ago ...).

Start Asynch Call.png

Bob Schor

Message 23 of 23
(249 Views)