LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error63 happens when using TCP/IP to transmit bmp file to remote device (DLP6500)

Hello,

Here is my problem background. In my project, the objective is to upload bmp. files onto a digital micromirror device (DLP6500, you can see it as a LCD monitor) through Labview. Then I found someone has already written a vi file with this function, in which input bmp files are split in packages and sent to DLP6500 through TCP/IP communication. Then when I type in my PC address and port 3363 (to open TCP/IP connection) and run the vi., the error 63 pops out. I've tried different ports (searching from "cmd - netstat -ano"), but the problem still exists. In addition, the hardware configuration is my PC connected to DLP6500 through USB cable. 

Has anyone faced or solved similar problem? Maybe we can discuss about it, big thanks!!

Regards,

Haw Hsiao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,771 Views)

Hi Haw,

@HsiaoHaw wrote:

Then I found someone has already written a vi file with this function, in which input bmp files are split in packages and sent to DLP6500 through TCP/IP communication. Then when I type in my PC address and port 3363 (to open TCP/IP connection) and run the vi., the error 63 pops out. I've tried different ports (searching from "cmd - netstat -ano"), but the problem still exists. In addition, the hardware configuration is my PC connected to DLP6500 through USB cable. 

What kind of USB communication does the DLP support?

Does it act as (virtual) LAN port? Only then it would make sense to try to open a TCP port…

Those VIs you attached are very buggy, you should improve them and adapt on your specific device (if applicable)!

There is a lot of Rube-Goldberg, several problems with datatype conversions, even a sum of a large U8 array most often yielding wrong results blowing up U8 arrays to I32 arrays for no good reason, no error handling at all, and much more…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,727 Views)