From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with getting html

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys.

I am trying to build vi to get the wind speed from a website. Because I need this to be as accurate as possible I found this website that has data from the place I want. I contacted the man owing the page to see if there is a way to get data from a web service or something but he said that this is not possible. So I wanted to parse the HTML code from the website every 10 minutes or so and get the data I want.

I build this :

Screenshot_4.png

 and it worked. So I was trying to get the time and date also but no there is this error :

Screenshot_5.png

 Right now the webpage is not updating but I have knowledge of this. The vi worked even if the webpage did not update but not right now.

I searched for the error code and I found this: 'The specified protocol is invalid or unsupported'.

Any thoughts on the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,966 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kapablanca

It seems wrong that you have the name of the library and VI appended to the front of the website address.

Capture

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,962 Views)

Lol I am so silly for not noticing this. I don't really know how it changed. Thnx a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,951 Views)