LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to simaltaneously access CANopen and Ethercat using NI Industrial comm drivers

Hello,

I'm trying to access 2 devices on the PXIe controller from LabVIEW that apparently using the NI Industrial Communication drivers. 

Situation/Requirement:

1.I have pressure sensors that works based on CANopen interface.  

2. I have AKD drives that control the servo motor. The drive are on the ethercat chassis that is again connected to the PXIe chassis.

3. When i start my application i need the pressure sensor as well as the soft motion axis working together. 

4. My application has 2 timed loops one for Motor control and another for pressure sensor monitoring.

Problem/Error:

1. When i try to start both the timed loops, sometimes the pressure sensor interfacing works fine but the motor control never starts. I get an error.

2. Some other times, i have the soft motion control working but the pressure sensor doesn't work. I get error code

−2147136764

4. I tried to start one function first and then manually start the other one next. Always the second application doesnt work and sometimes starting the pressure sensor app, stops the motor control.

3. Funny part is both the functions work independently, when i dont try to run both of them together, both the functions work. I'm not sure, in order to execute both the devices together, do i need to set something up? Am i missing something here? Any help/advice would be really helpful.

Regards

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,985 Views)

Added a screenshot of the error i get.SS_CANopn Error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,967 Views)

Hey Ramjay, whta's the status of the LEDs?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,945 Views)