LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurs when i try to install a built application containing Web services VIs

Hello,

at the moment i am trying to create and install a built application containing a Web server and Web services VIs. I did the steps as described here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7747/en#toc13

But when I install my application on the target PC the following error occurs after the installation:

Error2: Failed to perform action

"[LV2011RTEDIR]LVWS\NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe"

"[ProgramFilesFolder]DeployWebServices\Webservice.lvws"

What did I do wrong? The project example is attached

Development system: LV2011 SP1, WIn7

Target PC: Win7, no LabVIEW, but ALL possible additional installer/run-times installed

Thanks,

Elmar

--
Certified LabVIEW Architect
www.merecs.de
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,192 Views)

I solved the Problem. Although ALL possible additional installer/run-times were installed, the NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe was missing. There was a LV2010 and LV2012 folder with the NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe, but no LV2011 folder oO. So I created a LV2011 folder with the .exe manually, started the setup again and everything worked fine.

--
www.merecs.de
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,174 Views)

Hi Elmar,

I'm having the same problem (but with LabVIEW 2012).

Where exactly did you find NILVWSPostInstallerScript.exe and where did you copy it to?

Many thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,999 Views)

Hi,

long time ago, but I can remember. You have to copy a folder.

e.g. I have the file in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2013\LVWS , but there is no LVWS folder in \Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012

(I have a new computer, and for some reason I'm also missing the file in the LV2012 folder now.)

Try to copy from another version to 2012 U(or download my fzip). I also don't now, why it is missing. Maybe something during the LV2012 installion was wrong.

Hope I could help,

Elmar, CLD

--
www.merecs.de
Message 4 of 5
(2,982 Views)

Thanks Elmar,

I moved the content of the .......\2013\LVWS to .......\2012\LVWS and all seems to be working now 🙂

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,965 Views)