From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred while installing a package: ni-metauninstaller

Solved!
Go to solution

Screenshot (16).png

This happened after I tried to install LabVIEW 2020 (32-bit, Base, Full, Community). I tried following the article: An Error Occurred While Installing a Package in NIPM. However, it didn't work out well-the problem persists. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this? I needed the software for school assignments 😕

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,294 Views)

Hi, 

I don't occur any problems installing NIPM packages. I had to reinstall the whole thing as I found missing icons in the program.

I have occurred an error that prevented me from installing the full LabVIEW 2020 through the NIPM. I tried reinstalling and following the guide in Error occurred while installing a package in NIPM

To no avail 😞 I just want the working program of LabVIEW bit-32 but the error prevented me from installing. I checked where the error come from. Its from the NI uninstaller. I tried to install only that in the NIPM. The same error popped out.

Why is this happening?

Screenshot (16).png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,266 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gyoza

LabVIEW is a very large and complex system of programs, utilities, drivers, etc.  NIPM was created to manage them, and to make Installations easier, but it is still very much a Work in Progress, with few instructions on "good practices" for installing LabVIEW.

The key step, in my experience, is to "install slowly", meaning one package at a time, leaving Device Drivers for the final step.  Unlike the installation routines of LabVIEW 2013-2016, which had a Setup Utility that walked you through the steps of LabVIEW, Modules and Toolkits, and then Drivers, and installed them in that order, NIPM doesn't seem to have an "orderly" process of Module Installation, and I suspect this causes problems.

When an NIPM-based LabVIEW installation "goes wrong", my practice is as follows:

1. Completely uninstall all LabVIEW components, including NIPM.  Note that there is only one proper way to do this, described here on the Forum many times; you can also find it by searching the Web.  If you try to "force-remove" LabVIEW (by deleting files or "cleaning the Registry", you will not be able to install LabVIEW until you reformat the C: drive and reinstall Windows!
  2. Install NIPM and start it.
  3. Install LabVIEW, without any Toolkits, Modules, or Drivers.  I recommend installing 32-bit LabVIEW unless you know you need the 64-bit memory space.  Install as few "additional features" (or whatever they are called) as possible.  Reboot.
  4. On subsequent passes, install a few (I recommend one, especially if you are having installation troubles) Modules/Toolkits.  Again, try to avoid installing Drivers (NIPM will probably ignore some of your suggestions), and install only needed "features".  Reboot.
  5. Install Drivers last (if possible).

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 4
(2,240 Views)

Please do not ask the same question twice.  I replied to your later post 20 minutes ago.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,245 Views)