LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error occurred on SubVIs when try to talk with 4395 A

Hi, I downloaded Main Instrumental Panel for 4395 A from here (NI Community). Now I am trying to talk with 4395 A Network Analyser but it is showing error in SubVIs when tried to run. Also, I tried to run individual SubVIs like Sweep, receive in GPIB, send in GPIB etc. And all these shows error. HPIB address for 4395 A is 17. Could somebody be able to help me please. I have attached images for error herewith.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

EEC30D4B-74FA-49AA-98F0-416AFD1AD49F.jpeg

912F92C7-5BD6-4801-8CEF-6C5599EC1598.jpeg

5ACFBF65-AFCE-4E3E-B95C-92DCF5F6D47C.jpeg

E06784FC-EB2F-4FC2-8188-2F76A062EF64.jpeg

ABFDC4C7-4567-4474-B91F-31913A4C74F8.jpeg

4C2D0290-2CEB-4D11-9E34-F170C93C5985.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(1,203 Views)

Your error states that the interface has lost power.  Since it looks like you are using a laptop, I'm guessing you are using a USB-GPIB adapter.  With that being the case, go into the Device Manager of the computer, go through all of the USB hubs and turn off the "power saving feature" where the hub can be turned off whenever Windows feels like it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(1,183 Views)

It's not clear what you're doing...

If you run those VIs with global references on their own, I expect them to fail if the main stopped (and if it didn't, you won't be able to run them stand-alone).

The reference is closed when the top -level VI that created it stopped... If the main stopped, the reference is invalid (but the global still has a value).

I'd start with a traditional init, write, read, close and go from there.

Globals or references, but esp. globals and references make debugging (and communicating on forums about it) a lot harder...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(1,180 Views)

Hi, I have tried your suggestion and made change on power management settings. But still I am facing the same issue as before. Could you please further suggest on this.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(1,147 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions. I have tried your suggestions and changed the power management settings. But after changing the settings it shows same error as before. Could you please further suggest on it.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(1,146 Views)

HI @Crossrulz & @wiebe@CARYA,

Thank you for your response and suggestions. Now this problem is solve. I can talk with 4295 A Network Analyser using LabViews.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 10
(1,102 Views)

Your first kudo for keeping us in the loop.

If you could post what fixed your problem, it would help us (help others) and other readers with the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(1,053 Views)

Hi,
I have connected 4395 A Network Analyser with laptop where I am running 4395 A Main Instrumental panel. For which I have attached images below. In main screen instrumental panel I can see Save option under Memory and disk. But I want to save the data on my laptop. So could somebody please suggest me how I can save the output result on Laptop?
Also, next question is when I run LabView, it runs and 4395 A network Analyser give graph data. But the channel 1 and channel 2 on Main Instrumental Panel doesn’t show any graph. How can I get the result data on channel 1 and channel 2.
Really appreciate your suggestions.
Thank you.

C77E4835-07ED-4F22-BE15-14547D27CC4F.jpeg

174F334C-D225-495F-AEFF-40E172E7AD09.jpeg

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(1,050 Views)

Hi, I mean Is there any way to take the data using Labview and the GPIB for this 4395 A Network Analyser. In Labview Main Instrumental Panel there is only option to save data on Memory/ disk. But I want to extract data and save it to laptop. Anyone can help me please.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(1,015 Views)

@Deepa4081 wrote:

Hi, I mean Is there any way to take the data using Labview and the GPIB for this 4395 A Network Analyser. In Labview Main Instrumental Panel there is only option to save data on Memory/ disk. But I want to extract data and save it to laptop. Anyone can help me please.
Thank you.

Since this is a new issue, you should start a new topic.  But this post will probably get ignored just like the post that suggested that you post your solution so that other forum users might benefit from your knowledge.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(993 Views)