LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error messages

I just realized that you've still failed to create a proper state machine. You have the logic, but you are not passing the next state to the next iteration of the state machine. Your "state machine" will just sit there and repeat the same step over and over. It's also going to seem to be stuck because you have all of those wait times buried in the subvis. It would be better to move all of that up to the main vi as I have suggested multiple times and use an elapsed time state so that you can react to your stop button. 

0 Kudos
Message 101 of 143
(1,333 Views)

NI has opened up the training so it is free at the moment. So has JKI.

As stated earlier

https://blog.jki.net/free-jki-state-machine-home-learning-next-two-weeks

Rather than spending days writing on the forums, asking the same or similar questions over and over, a little time spent learning can exponentially reduce your development time.

I highly encourage you to take advantage while the open training time lasts.

mcduff

Message 102 of 143
(1,332 Views)

I have told you multiple times that you need to move the code from your subvi into your state machine. You have multiple states in that subvi, generally represented by the frames of that flat sequence structure. Move those into your state machine and then it should be apparent how to do what you want

I don´t understand what do you mean, sorry...

0 Kudos
Message 103 of 143
(1,328 Views)

I correct the vi like this

0 Kudos
Message 104 of 143
(1,326 Views)

I'm still wondering what is the answer to my question I asked long ago about have you ever done any programming before trying to work with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 105 of 143
(1,312 Views)

@labview99 wrote:

I love your persistence 🙂

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 106 of 143
(1,310 Views)

@labview99 wrote:

No. Please do some training on how to build a proper state machine. You have absolutely no way to go from one state to the next.

One resource is the JKI state machine which uses strings instead of enums. They're offering free online training right now.

https://blog.jki.net/free-jki-state-machine-home-learning-next-two-weeks

Message 107 of 143
(1,270 Views)

Help -> Find Examples -> Search: State machine

Open State machine fundamentals.vi

State machine fundamentals.png

Study and learn from the example.

State machine fundamentals 2.png

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 108 of 143
(1,252 Views)

You have sent me a link where it uses an event structure in the state machine. Why? I don't want to use an event structure. On the JKI page there are state machines without the event structure.

0 Kudos
Message 109 of 143
(1,246 Views)

I think like this is okey

0 Kudos
Message 110 of 143
(1,245 Views)