LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: "you have connected two terminals of different types. the type of the source is double"

Error message:  

"you have connected two terminals of different types. the type of the source is double [64 bit real (~15 bit precision)].  The type of the sink is 1-D array of double[64 bit real(~15 bit precision)]."

How do we link an Arduino Read block to a Waveform Graph without receiving the above error message?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,626 Views)

Well, since the type of the two terminals are different, you'll have to make them work with the same type.

Your source is a double value and the sink is 1-D array of double.

So I guess (with my little experience in LabVIEW) that you will have to build an 1-D array to plot data into the Waveform Graph.

That's what I'd try to do in a hurry.

Mondoni
Message 2 of 4
(3,622 Views)

However, note that and this conversion isn't going to plot anything on the waveform graph. I've forgot to specify (my mistake).

I suppose you're reading one value from the Arduino Read block. So if you want to plot this value in function of time, the best option is to use the Waveform Chart.

So you won't need any conversions or arrays, but just wire the two terminals as you've done before.

(Hope I'm right now)

Mondoni
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,616 Views)

A 1 point plot isn't very exiting. 🙂

As Joao says, you'll need to get (or build) an array of values.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,578 Views)