LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message " Cannot find file XXX.llb ( or one of it's components) when opening the main vi.

Error message " Cannot find file XXX.llb ( or one of it's components) occurs frequently but not repeatably when opening my application by double clicking on the .llb which contains the top level vi. The application opens in an executable state and the program appears to function normally. Why does this error message appear and how do I fix it. I have tried all of the usual tricks, mass compiling etc. but to no avail. The application was built in 6.0.2 and used the 6.0.2 version of the DSC module running on either a win2K service pack 2 or NT4.0 service pack 5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,484 Views)
Hello Ian,

From what I understand, this problem occurs because of the fact that DSC loads some DLLs dynamically in some of its VIs. Since they are loaded dynamically (instead of having concrete search paths), it takes LabVIEW a while to find them...if it takes too long, you will receive the error you mentioned.

From what I understand, this problem does not occur in the 6.1 version of the DSC module. If you are still using 6.0.2, the simplest workaround for now is to use the File >> Open option in LabVIEW instead of double-clicking on the LLB.

I hope this suggestion helps. Good luck with your application.

Sincerely,
Darren N.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,484 Views)