LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message -1073807298 when connecting through TCP

I get the error code -1073807298 when I try to connect to a TCP raw socket VISA resource, the weirdest thing is that I actually can read the result of the queries I make. I fixed the problem reading one byte at a time but this is very inefficient (it uses a while loop) and I still get warnings, so I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this or if there is an equivalent of the "Serial Settings: Number of Bytes at Serial Port" for VISA TCP connections....

This is the WARNING that I get when I read one byte at a time:
Warning 1073676294 occurred at VISA Read in LV.vi
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0x3FFF0006) The number of bytes transferred is equal to the requested input count. More data might be available.

This is the ERROR  that I get when I set the byte count to 1024:
Error -1073807298 occurred at VISA Read in LV.vi
Possible reason(s):
VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error.

I enclosed the VI for your review,

Thanx in advance for your help,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,555 Views)
Hi,
While there is no equivalent of the "Serial Settings: Number of Bytes at Serial Port" for VISA TCP connections, one strategy is to make the first byte in your TCP string to contain the number of bytes to follow it.  That way you can read that byte then know what to set the byte count to.

Regards,
John E.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,531 Views)
That's a good strategy but the problem is that I am communicating with an instrument and I do not have control over the query responses...
Is there a different setting from previous versions??? It used to work with LV7.1/VISA 3.2

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,519 Views)
Hi,
Which vi used to work in previous versions but does not work now?

Thanks,
John E.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,458 Views)