LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: libfftw3-3 dll is missing from your computer when running .exe file

Hello,

I tried to generate an application file (.exe) from my LabView code and get the following error message, when I try to run the application:

"The program can't start because libfftw3-3 dll is missing from your computer labview". The LabView code contains SubVIs, that I got from a third party company.

Does anybody have an idea, what to do?

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,943 Views)

Hi,

Check whether the dll has the right path or not. Also have a look into third party subvi, because if it uses dll programming then the path would be static or other solution is to copy paste the dll in system32 folder if u use windows os.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,940 Views)

Hi Aaron,

you need to install that DLL in the right place!

That's either in the standard DLL folder (system32) - or next to your EXE.

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,939 Views)

Hi Gerd

Thank you for your answer. Where do I get the .dll from? Would you just download it from the internet or is that unsafe?

Best

Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,928 Views)

Hi Jay

unfortunately I can't find the .dll, at least not in the System32 folder and I don't know where I should get it from to paste it into that folder.

Best 
Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,927 Views)

Ok, so you mean that I need to set my project CPU configuration to x86 instead of x64? If yes, could you explain to me, how to do that?

Thanks
Aaron

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,897 Views)

So the problem is that your application (exe) can't find that specific dll file.

LabVIEW executables search for dll files either at specific paths, or in the Windows system path and in the directory of the application, on Windows. See this article for details.

The posts above are suggesting that either you can copy the dll (available online, as you suggested) to the same place as the exe file, or to somewhere in the Windows search path.

With regards your 32/64 bit question, the dll should match the LabVIEW version of the executable builder. This doesn't have to match your OS bitness (but you can't run x64 on x86, i.e. 64 on 32). See this forum post for perhaps a little more explanation. It's not directly about the same thing but the answer is useful.

GCentral
Message 8 of 9
(3,888 Views)

Hi,

Try downloading the dll online or ask the supplier or 3rd party directly, they can assist you. Because without this dll you can't go further. 

Message 9 of 9
(3,876 Views)