LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in building exe & Dependency file

I copied a whole project from an external drive to my local disk and made a few changes. Saved it and when i run, the VI works perfectly. When i try to build an exe file, build process is completed successfully but exe file itself doesnt work. it says    "LabVIEW:Generic file-I/O-error. BH_EL2xxx.lvclass cannot be loaded."

In Project i do have 2 warnings. Please see attachment. The path "D:\" is actually not in my computer. I dont have a D partition. only C. How is it possible to chnage the path of these 2 dlls. When i right click, there are no options to replace nor delete them.

I also tried to open the original project and  "Save as -->Duplicate lvproj files and contents" with another name in another Computer, but still the same error while building exe.

Anybody have any ideas`?

Nghtcwrlr

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,488 Views)

Witch Vi's are using these dll? 

You need to find the Call Library Function Node that link to these dll's and correct the path.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,461 Views)

Hi!

Could it be that the drive you copied from was D:\ or the folder the project was saved to before has been on a drive D:\?

I concur that you should look for call library function nodes. Also the "find caller" function from the context menu in the project explorer could be helpful.

Also perhaps create a build log. Perhaps there is more information to go on.

Regards,

Christoph

Staff Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD), Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer (CLED)

Don't forget Kudos for Good Answers, and Mark a solution if your problem is solved
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,431 Views)

Hi all

I guess i found out the problem. The exe file searches for a specified path ( D:\) which is actually not available in the computer. I copied the Prohject to another computer and opened , renamed and saved all subvis and it worked. I was not able to resolve conflict in the first PC where D:\ drive is missing.

Nghtcwrlr

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,419 Views)