LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Plotting multi channel XY graph

I am trying to make timestamped display of 20 different parameters on an XY Graph. Firstly I successfully made a VI for 2 parameters and then I expanded the same for 20 parameters. I am using 'XY Graph' for the display of the complete data saved in a text file and 'XY Graph 2' is used to display the subgraph with certain number of samples (decided by the index scale). In the second VI I am getting a display on XY Graph but it is not showing the desired results on XY Graph 2. It is not showing a proper connection between the cluster array and the XY Graph 2. Can anybody tell me what silly mistake I am doing?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,830 Views)

Hi Rajesh,

whenever you want to do the same task several times you should use a loop!

When you want to parse a line of text with a variable amount of samples then you should parse the timestamp first and use a loop to parse each sample - instead of a giant ScanFromString, set to a fixed amount of samples…

It might get even simpler by using polymorph functions:

check.png

Btw. your format string to parse the timestamp looks wrong to me! (Hint: make the display style visible…)

Also: what do you expect from Index&Bundle a waveform with several 1D arrays?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,821 Views)

I expect a timestamped display of 20 different parameters on to a single XY Graph from the 'index & bundle cluster array' (just like the way I am getting 2 parameters display in the first VI). Moreover I am using a for loop for the 'scan from string' function that coverts the string to a desired format. Can you plz revert me the updated VI with the corrections?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,807 Views)

Hi Rajesh,

try this:

check.png

Don't forget to correct the format string to parse the timestamp…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,803 Views)

I have tried this out but it is showing Error code 85 which is due to the incorrect formatting. As you can see in the attached image (pic1) the display time is '27-08-2019  14:27:26.372756' and I am putting the input format as '%<%d-%m-%Y \s\s%H:%M:%S%6u>T', so I think its the correct one. I don't know what is going wrong. 

Is there any way that I can make a proper connection using some function (at present the error is: "You have connected two clusters with different contents") between cluster array and XY Graph 2 in my previous attempt (as shown in pic 2) as I am more comfortable in this? I am just wondering if the first XY graph is able to display the complete bunch of samples then how can the XY graph 2 not show the trimmed number of samples.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,748 Views)

Hi Rajesh,

I am putting the input format as '%<%d-%m-%Y \s\s%H:%M:%S%6u>T', so I think its the correct one.

Why do you think so? What is the reason to put those "\s\s" 4 chars into the format string?

Do you understand the reason why I recommended to ALWAYS show the display mode indicator for string constants?

Is there any way that I can make a proper connection using some function

Yes. As shown in my last message.

(It seems you don't even read the answers you get…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,739 Views)