From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Calling a dll built in labview from Matlab standalone

hello,

The problem I encountered is in the use of the math interface toolkit. I
created a dll which performs data fitting using a labview vi which i converted into a dll using the
math interface toolkit.

This dll is then called from a standalone matlab program. It works fine in the computer where I
create the matlab standalone program and labview dll. Howerver when i export to another
computer the matlab part runs fine but an error is reported when it tries to
call the labview created dll.
"One or more output arguments not assigned during call Parfit.dll"

The files related to this problem in the math interface toolkit (the labview vi, the corresponding dll and the matlab .m and .fig files and the standalone exe are in the attachment and named MathITproblem.zip
The matlab run time engine(for matlab 7) and labview runtime engine(ver 7.1) must be installed for this matlab file to run. the run time engines are downloadable from the web.

Does any one know the source of this error or encountered it before?

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,276 Views)
Hi,

When you’re creating the DLL using the LabVIEW Math Interface Toolkit, make sure you have Matlab closed. Otherwise, sometimes the calls to the various Matlab dlls do not execute properly. I assume you’re using the same version of Matlab on both the development computer as well as the deployment computer?

I’ve seen this error once before with usage of the Simulation Node VIs in LabVIEW, but I checked that you did not have any of these in your VI. It’s possible that some of the analysis VIs are causing problems. I know that in LabVIEW 7.1, the implementation of the lvanlys.dll changed a bit and some people experienced problems with applications using the analys.dll. In those situations, replacing the lvalys.dll with the older lvalys.dll from LabVIEW 7.0 fixed the problem. You can see if any of these options fixes the problem… good luck.

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,266 Views)
Hello,

thank you for your reply. The error i mentioned occurs only on the computer where it is deployed, not on tthe computer where it is compiled. I am creating a matlab standalone executable hence i do not need to install matlab on the destination machine (only the run time engine has to be installed). Could you post a copy of the lvalys.dll from labview 7? I do not have a copy of labview 7.

Thank you

Message Edited by newtoni on 04-11-2005 04:44 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,261 Views)
Hello,

thank you for your reply. The error i mentioned occurs only on the computer where it is deployed, not on tthe computer where it is compiled. I am creating a matlab standalone executable hence i do not need to install matlab on the destination machine (only the run time engine has to be installed). Could you post a copy of the lvalys.dll from labview 7? I do not have a copy of labview 7.

Thank you
srinivas
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,263 Views)
Hi Srinivas,

Just another note, I noticed that the Math Interface Toolkit version (MIT) 1.0 is not compatible with LabVIEW 7.1. You’ll need version 1.0.1. of the MIT toolkit in order for it to work with LabVIEW 7.1.

The LabVIEW 7.0 lvanlys.dll is also attached. I had to rename it with a .txt extension, so you’ll want to delete the extension.

Kileen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,254 Views)