LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error building .EXE Report Generation Toolkit

Whenever i try to build my application this error message shows up.... Error 1502 ocurred at AB_source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass: Save.vi

it says the possible reason is Word_Open_Document.vi

I'm using the report generation toolkit for office.... I really need to build this application soon!! 

Please Help!!!

Thx in advance

Wong

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,427 Views)

Hi wong,

Did your application worked correctly before turning it into an executable? If so, the problem may be on the Word file path. Always try to use relative paths and not absolute. When we create the executable it may be created in another folder, and that could be the reason why it can´t find the file anymore. Could yo please attach your code to take a look?

Cheers!

NavasMonk
National Instruments, México
ELP Support Engineer
www.ni.com/soporte
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,389 Views)

I finally made it work... As a reference, i upgraded from labview 2011 due to windows 8 incompatibility, and found that the installer kept showing these error messages. 

I read in another post that if you opened the troubled VI and just clicked on the property nodes to browse and then ok, you just saved the VI, restarted labview and the error message disappeared. To my surprise IT WORKED!!!  I had to do it on several excell.llb VI's too. 

Maybe you could report this bug in the report generation toolkit as a part of the NI team.

thanks!!!

Wong

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,384 Views)