Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: The DataFinder cannot start due to an internal error

Hello,

I get the same error message every time I reboot my Win 7 PC:

"National Instruments DataFinder"

"The DataFinder cannot start due to an internal error."

"Please wait till the National Instruments DataFinder Index Service is running and try starting the DataFinder again, or reboot your computer. "

NI_DataFinder Error

I tried finding a DataFinder Index Service in the Control Panel --> Admin,istrative Tools --> Services, as mentioned in this post http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Error-244-The-DataFinder-cannot-start-due-to-an-internal-error/td-p/...,

but there was none such listed service:

NI_DataFinder_Services.JPG

I cannot find any mention of a DataFinder or a DataFinder Index Service anywhere else on my PC. Can you please help to find out where this error is coming from and how to fix it? As far as I am aware, I do not use this DataFinder. Thanks!

Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,057 Views)

Did you just install LabVIEW or upgrade LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,049 Views)

This has been the case since LabView was installed, yes. Which was less than 3 months ago.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,990 Views)

Which version of LabVIEW DataFinder Toolkit (and in case DIAdem) is installed on this computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,952 Views)

I don't think this is installed? I can't find anything in the installed programs list related to "DataFinder", or related...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,930 Views)

Hello BrandonVonk,

The toolkit wouldn't show up in your installed programs list as it is more like a plugin to LabVIEW. Instead, pull up NI License Manager and go to Local Licenses > LabVIEW XXXX > Toolkits and see if it is listed amongst the toolkits you have installed. There should be a geen box next to it to indicate that it has been installed and activated.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,908 Views)

... or go into the My DataFinder folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\Shared\DataFinderDesktop\bin

and right-click on

DataFinder.exe

and select Properties>>Details

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,890 Views)