LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error SDK Hardware Key Not Found while migrating from Labview to C#, for iHR550+Symphony II

Hello,

I need to migrate control of iHR550 and Symphony II from Labview to C# to incorporate this functionality into larger project.

The Vis are in attachment.

Firstly I run "iHR550 & Symphony II Toolkits\Monochromator VI API Toolkit.llb\Get Monos From Config Browser.vi"

- to get information about Mono uniqueid and name from Windows registry.

And I run "iHR550 & Symphony II Toolkits\CCD VI API Toolkit.llb\read detector uniq-id.vi" to get uniqueid and name of CCD from Windows registry.

Then I use "Initialization of Mono & CCD.vi" to initialize mono and CCD. And here the critical places (as it turned out) are VIs "iHR550 & Symphony II Toolkits\Monochromator VI API Toolkit.llb\JYInitMono.vi" and "iHR550 & Symphony II Toolkits\Initialize CCD boris.vi"

Specifically these are methods "JYMonoLib.IJYMonoReqd.OpenCommunications" and "JYCCDLib.IJYCCDReqd.OpenCommunications".

They are working well in Labview (without compilation, VIs-exe I haven't tried, there is a report about problems here on forum:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/SignalExpress/Error-quot-SDK-Hardware-Key-Not-Found-quot/td-p/786744/page/2

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Instrument-Control-GPIB-Serial/ActiveX-control-of-a-Horiba-Jobin-Yvon-spect...).

But when I write the same in C# these methods don't see Sentinel key. It writes "SDK Hardware Key Not Found. Insert Key to continue".

Error occurs during JYMonoLib.IJYMonoReqd.OpenCommunications() and also during  JYCCDLib.IJYCCDReqd.OpenCommunications().

Here is part of the code (C# project is also in attachment):

private JYMONOLib.Monochromator mono;

mono = new Monochromator();
mono.Uniqueid = Mono_Unique_ID; //Unique ID from Registry, i.e Mono1, Mono2 etc
try
{
mono.Load();
mono.OpenCommunications(); //error SDK Hardware Key not found
}
catch(Exception e)
{
MessageBox.Show(e.ToString());
Emulating = true;
}

Please help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,186 Views)

Hello dimitriev.g,

I have to admit that I am not familiar with the request "SDK Hardware Key Not Found. Insert Key to continue". This VI's was developed by HORIBA so is a little difficult to know what's missing. Have you contacted HORIBA support to find out what the hardware keys are and how to add them to your C# project?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,144 Views)

Hi

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a similar situation using Horiba iHR320.

aLi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,951 Views)

hi, the answer is rather simple but what is sad is that Horiba doesn't communicate on it. You have to torture the sales representative to get the info! The ActiveX are protected with Sentinel : either by hardware (USB dongle) or by software : you have to pay for the SDK kit. At the moment, it costs €757; it can't confirm the VAT is included.

CSW-SYNERJY-SDK

For users who wants to develop their own software based on the COM object of the SynerJY platform.   Only available for Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. [5500000143]

757 €

Customer must be fully knowledgeable in programming languages as no support is provided.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,821 Views)

Thank you @pbigen

You are right, I received the same quotation price from Horiba for the SDK.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,816 Views)

1) The problem was with hardware key (dongle of Sentinel company). It can have two records. For using Synerjy and (if I am not wrong) Labview kit you need one record. Labview and other languages via ActiveX use the same libraries, but for other languages (eg C#) you need second extra record in the dongle.

We didn't have have this second record so I had to send the key to France for rewriting. Now it has two records and C# program work with iHR550 and Symphony II fine.

For checking the presence of records in the dongle there is specific program (JYKEYverify.exe). Ask Horiba for it.

2) There is one more possibility. Dongle is a flash drive and can be damaged by power surges etc. JYKEYverify can show both records, but one of them can be non-working. In this case dongle is damaged and must be replaced with working one. But this is just hypothesis, because we had problems with the first record (Synerjy, Labview) on another dongle.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,809 Views)