From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Rings

Error rings are cool, but not cool enough.  Within each family, the errors are organized by number.  However I have neglected to memorize the error codes (worse yet, I refuse to do so).  And I hate hunting through the list for the desired description. So I built this utility that does the searching for me.  Use it as follows:

1. Run "Set_Error_Ring.vi" (in "Error_Ring.llb").  Or better yet, put "Error_Ring.llb" in ...\Labview 2012\Projects\, then the next time you run LV, "Set_Error_Ring" will be in the "Tools" menu.

2. Select an error ring on an open BD (single-click with the selection tool).

3. On the FP of "Set_Error_Ring.vi", select the error family.

4. Type in a regular expression to search list of descriptions; the error list will be filtered as you type.

5. Double-click on the desired error in the list.  The error ring will be updated.

Note: This code breaks some rules, and may not work in the next version of LV.

Message 1 of 3
(3,799 Views)

This has been useful thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,452 Views)

Wow this is really neat work, I'm not sure how I missed it all these years.  That being said there have been some improvements in LabVIEW since 2012, and so I took some of the code here, and turned it into a right click plugin for LabVIEW 2015 and newer.  It is posted here.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Shortcut-Menu-Plug-Ins/Error-Ring-Search/ta-p/3715693

After installing that you can right click an Error Ring, and choose search, then type in a string and double click it which will set the error ring to that error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,425 Views)