LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Details Display Dialog.vi and Not Found Dialog.vi

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to deploy my code to the PXI controller. However, I ran into the following two errors.

image (1).pngimage.png

Then I tried the methods mentioned in this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/cRIO-build-error/td-p/3192704?profile.language=en,

but they didn't work.

Wondering how to solve these two errors. Can anyone shed some light on them? Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,715 Views)

I suggest that you attach (all of) the code that you tried to deploy to the PXI controller.  It might be helpful to have some idea of what you are trying to accomplish with this code.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,675 Views)

Hi Calvin,

@Calvin_Q wrote:

Then I tried the methods mentioned in this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/cRIO-build-error/td-p/3192704?profile.language=en,

but they didn't work.

Wondering how to solve these two errors. Can anyone shed some light on them?

You are using functions/VIs not supported on your target - exactly as the error messages say.

Did you try the suggestion given in message #2 of the linked thread?

I repeat that suggestion: don't use those functions in your target!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,657 Views)

If I'm not mistaken, PXI doesn't allow for front panel interaction.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,650 Views)

@billko wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, PXI doesn't allow for front panel interaction.

Not entirely -- NI charges (or, rather, at one time charged) extra to put the Real-Time OS on the PXI Controller's drive instead of Microsoft Windows!  Given how expensive a PXI controller can be (compared to a generic PC running Windows), why you'd pay a premium for a Windows-based "DAQ Box" (as opposed to putting a few NI DAQ cards in your PC) and sacrifice the RT-backplane and capabilities of the PXI box just speaks to the wonderful Sales Talk that clouds the minds of the gullible customers (I encountered at least one colleague who spent >$10K for a PXI setup that I don't think is yet working after 3-4 years, with a Windows OS on the Controller ...)

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,636 Views)

Hi @Calvin_Q.

The image shows that the Details Display Dialog.vi and Not Found Dialog.vi have problems. Both LabVIEW functions are not supported on real-time targets. The caller of these functions is the General Error Handler.vi and the Simple Error Handler.vi.

Try to find these functions in your code and use the Unbundle By Name LabVIEW function to get the boolean, code (integer), or the string error (source), since you don't want to get any dialog in a real-time target (PXI, cRIO, myRIO, etc.).

I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,489 Views)