LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code 61499 after license update (FPGA)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am a fairly experienced FPGA module user.  I have LabVIEW 2009 installed (9.0.0) including the FPGA module on a 32-bit XP system.  Everything was working fine, and I had one particular FPGA project that had been built and run within the last month or so.

In the meantime, the license had expired, so I had to update the license.  After updating the license, I made a trivial change to the VI (changed default values of some front panel inputs), and attempted to compile and execute.

This generated Error -61499, with the additional information:

Error starting compile step: Make sure a compatible version of Xilinx Tools is installed at the location specified in the LabVIEW installer.

I looked at post Error -61499 in LabVIEW FPGA  and a few other posts.  I checked the LabVIEW FPGA registry key compile path and it looks fine (C:\NIFPGA2009\Xilinx\ISE).  That directory exists and is the right size (3.74 GB).  A temporary directory is being created in C:\NIFPGA2009\srvrTmp\localhost .  I searched for the file pearl58.dll but couldn't find it.

When I look at the recently installed license and the expired license in NI License Manager, I don't see any differences between the two other than the expiration date.

Summary:  I had a working installation and project, updated the license file, and now get error -61499.

???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,334 Views)

Here is some more information.  I found the toplevel_gen_xst.log file in the C:\NIFPGA2009\svrTmp\localhost\[temp] directory.

It appears that some things are getting compiled.

At the end of the log file it says:

ERROR:HDLParsers:3264 - Can't read file "C:/NIFPGA~1/srvrTmp/LOCALH~1/SCANCO~1/NiFpgaAG_XNode0000001b.vhd": No such file or directory

If I can figure out what that node is I'll try deleting it and regenerating it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,330 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Draak

With the assistance of an Application Engineer, I tried two things.

First, I tried "repairing" the FPGA Module via the Control Panel "Add or Remove Programs" utility.  That had no effect.

Then I downloaded and installed NI-RIO 3.3.0 from the Support, Drivers and Updates area.  That solved the problem!

So, for anyone who has a similar problem in the future, try re-installing the NI-RIO driver.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,315 Views)