From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Accessing grouped objects in tab control

Solved!
Go to solution

I have encountered an error where I cannot use/select objects within a tab control because they are grouped together. 
If I copy/paste the tab control it shows them grouped and I can select them but as it stands in my program I cannot select the objects.
I would just copy/paste and work with that but I have property nodes and additional code for each of the 20 objects and would rather not have to go back and relink each property node and wire the new controls within the BD. 

I am looking for a way of accessing the objects without having to copy+paste/recode anything.
Please note that there is a recent post about this tab control grouping error but is geared more towards adding an error notifier to LabView rather than how to fix the error. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,230 Views)

Could you post some code that shows what's happening? What do you mean that "...in my program I cannot select the objects..."

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,222 Views)

Hi,

I agree with Mike, if you could post some code it would be much easier to see what you are talking about.  

Are these objects grouped because they are in a cluster or possibly because they were grouped using the reorder menu?

Regards,

Greg H

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author goodnaysayer

"Are these objects grouped because they are in a cluster or possibly because they were grouped using the reorder menu?"

The objects were grouped using the reorder menu on the front panel and then placed on a tab control.
The issue was that when I tried clicking on any of the grouped objects within the tab control on the front panel, nothing would happen.
If I double clicked, I would select the tab control on the BD. 

I got rid of the bug by selecting everything on my BD and copying it into a new, blank VI.
Once I did that, I was able to access the objects that were grouped on the tab control.

Sorry for the late reply-- once I got it working I was only focused on finishing my task.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,192 Views)