LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7occurred at ... missing file

Hey Everyone

I'm having trouble getting my data to save, since the program tells me I'm missing a file. I have the sneaking suspicion that I can get a few sub vi's that are missing and sneak them into the folder hiearchy. If anyone has any of the following files, could you send them to me or tell me what I might be missing. The following is the error message that I am recieving.

Error 7 occurred at Pen/Create/Replace File in write spreadsheet string -> Write to spreadsheet file (DBL).vi -> main.vi

When I go to view the hiearchy, the write to spreadsheet (DBL).vi is outlined in red. Does this mean I'm missing it?

- Luke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,887 Views)

Are you sure it says "Pen/Create/Replace File"?  The VI is actually "Open/Create/Replace File".  It is a subVI of the Write Spreadsheet string VI which is a subVO of the Double Polymorphic instance of The write to spreasheet file.

Have you opened up any subVI's and renamed them?

I would recommend drilling down through the the Write to Spreadsheet File VI and until you find that subVI and make sure it is named properly.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 06-09-2009 02:47 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,879 Views)

Is the path valid?

You might be trying to open an invalid path.  Try browsing for the file manually and see if that works.

R

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,874 Views)

Awesome

I'll give those a whirl and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,861 Views)

Error: Error 7 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in Write Spreadsheet String.vi

Does anyone knows how this error came. I still can't pinpoint the cause of this one. Please shed light.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,783 Views)

I hope this isn't all you've been working on for 5 months.

Ray.R pointed out the most likely suspect (missing file is a big hint).  Here is the Error Explanation:

Error 7 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.
=========================
NI-488:  Nonexistent GPIB interface.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(3,779 Views)

Hi Darin K.

Yeah, I receive exactly that kind of error message.

This is what I found out. The 'write to spreadsheet file.vi' function will not create a new folder, only a new file. The program I created would write the data of the same file name separately into different folders.

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,759 Views)
I will also recommend you check the file path. YOu will need to provide the entire path corerctly.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,741 Views)

Do you have read / write access rights to the path where you want to create the file?

Other silly questions: 

Is it a development VI or is it an executable?

Did you browse the path or did you type it in the control?  Or was the path created by software?

Did you wire an indicator to the path / filename and verify that it is indeed where you want it?

Did you try to create the file int the desired path manually?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,731 Views)

If you need to create the path, I have attached a snippet that will recursively create the directory.

recursiveDirCreation.png

NOTE:  This VI predates LabVIEW 5.  It could probably be refactored
Message Edited by PJS on 11-27-2009 08:20 AM

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,729 Views)