From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 when deploying library on RT target from host program

I am able to deploy a library of network shared variables from a cRIO-9067 running NI Linux Real-Time by right-clicking the library under the target in the project explorer, or by deploying a build to the cRIO. Under Source Files in the Build Specification, I have listed the library in the "Always Include" section, and I have set the destination of that library to the default support directory (/home/lvuser/natinst/bin/data).

The issue I am having is that when I try and programatically deploy the library from a VI running on an Ethernet connected Windows computer using the Library.Deploy Library method, it returns an Error 7 (file not found). I have the Target IP Address of the cRIO, and the Lib Path (/home/lvuser/natinst/bin/data/xxxxxxxx.lvlib) supplied to the method. Could my path be wrong, or could the library not be at that path?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,209 Views)

Have you seen the following resource? Step 2 seems like what you might need.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5615C415DCEA0A2086257150006A0F7D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,093 Views)

Can you post the relevant code that tries to do the deployment?  [Please attach executable code, a VI or a Snippet, not a plain picture].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,086 Views)

The answer to my issue from NI after some discussion, is that a library that is stored in the cRIO can not be remotely deployed from a connected computer. The library can however be remotely deployed to the cRIO if it is stored on the computer that is calling the deploy library method. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,988 Views)