LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 when deploying library on RT target from host program

I am able to deploy a library of network shared variables from a cRIO-9067 running NI Linux Real-Time by right-clicking the library under the target in the project explorer, or by deploying a build to the cRIO. Under Source Files in the Build Specification, I have listed the library in the "Always Include" section, and I have set the destination of that library to the default support directory (/home/lvuser/natinst/bin/data).

The issue I am having is that when I try and programatically deploy the library from a VI running on an Ethernet connected Windows computer using the Library.Deploy Library method, it returns an Error 7 (file not found). I have the Target IP Address of the cRIO, and the Lib Path (/home/lvuser/natinst/bin/data/xxxxxxxx.lvlib) supplied to the method. Could my path be wrong, or could the library not be at that path?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,211 Views)

Have you seen the following resource? Step 2 seems like what you might need.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5615C415DCEA0A2086257150006A0F7D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,095 Views)

Can you post the relevant code that tries to do the deployment?  [Please attach executable code, a VI or a Snippet, not a plain picture].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,088 Views)

The answer to my issue from NI after some discussion, is that a library that is stored in the cRIO can not be remotely deployed from a connected computer. The library can however be remotely deployed to the cRIO if it is stored on the computer that is calling the deploy library method. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,990 Views)