From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error #7 "..\lvsource\LVINIT.C" line 466 Labview version 4.0

Solved!
Go to solution

I received this error code today, the program worked fine yesterday.  This error message comes up after I start the executable for Labview 4.0 on my XP platform (no laughing please) 🙂  I had to remove the computer from the Network after copying the user directory to the C\Drive.  The program worked yesterday from the C\Drive, but not today.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,742 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkQuest
I can think of several things but I assume you are looking for an answer that doesn't involve shotguns, chainsaws or dynamite...

Seriously though, error 7 (even back then) meant a file was missing. Are you sure you copied absolutely everything?

Is this just an executable?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 4
(3,717 Views)

Thanks for the Info Mike.  It seems that maybe LVINIT.C is missing or perhaps damaged.  I am working on re-loading the entire folder from the network to the C\Drive.

The error shows up after I launch the MFG_TEST.exe which is the Labview Application executable that tests our boards.  It happens a second or two after the .exe is launched, and the program stops with the error message.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,690 Views)

Also check if you have correct access to the file, although that should really be error 8 if it's unable to access it ...

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,620 Views)