From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in Open Config Data.vi

I have a .vi that was working fine with Labview 7.0.  I now have upgraded to Labview Professional 8.0, and I am trying to build a stand alone  executable.  When I build the executable, build an installer, and then try to install it on another computer then run it......... I get the "Error 7 occurred at Open/Create/Replace File in Open Config Data.vi" error.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,652 Views)

Most likely a bad path or the file exist and you can't overwrite it.  Make sure path exist and make sure file that name it is trying to wirte is not there.  The conversion may have changes a properity like overwrite to don't replace.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,646 Views)
The only thing I can think of off hand is when you run the vi in Labview 7.0 you have to click on a input config button which allows you to pull in a set number of channels, scale factors, and offsets loaded from a .txt file.  But the error in 8.0 is occuring when you double click the stand alone app. to launch it, and then the error shows up.  The vi also loads a .txt file that reads how many daq cards you have, but it shouldnt need read/write access for that.  You should be able to load files in even with a stand alone app., right?  The only thing you lose is the ability to modify the vi phsically?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,646 Views)
If this is the first time you've built an executable, most likely you are building your path incorrectly. If you are using something like Get Current VI's path, in the development mode you might c:\folder\example.vi. When you build it, you will get c:\folder\main.exe\example.vi. You will notice that the exe file is now part of the path. You have to do an extra strip path when you build an exe.
Message 4 of 6
(7,632 Views)
Does anyone have a sheet of an example of how to build an stand alone executable correctly?  I searched everywhere on National Instruments for a manual and cant find anything.  The only thing i was able to find was in LV 8.0 Help.  Is there a manual for only the Application Builder somewhere?   Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,616 Views)
Hello,

In addition to the LabVIEW Help, there is an Application Note on Distributing Applications with the LabVIEW Application Builder and a knowledge base article What Is The Build Specification Feature In Application Builder? that might be helpful.

Also, here is a knowledge base article on what Dennis has described and it provides an example to call an extra Strip Path function. Also, instead of using a Match Pattern function, you could use the App.Kind property node (use Open Application Reference, Property Node: Application -> Kind, and Close Reference) to determine if you are running in a Run-time system.

Good luck and best regards,
Shakhina P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,599 Views)