Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 occurred at NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Load.vi

Hello

What is this error mean?

Error 7 occurred at NI_LVConfig.lvlib:Load.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might have been moved or deleted, or the file path might be incorrectly formatted for the operating system. For example, use \ as path separators on Windows, : on Mac OS, and / on Linux. Verify that the path is correct using the command prompt or file explorer.

-mfp

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,868 Views)

Usually it means you are trying to access a file that does not exist. Check the file path and file name.

Andrew Alford
Production Test Engineering Technologist
Sustainable Energy Technologies
www.sustainableenergy.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,787 Views)

Andrew is right. The file you're trying to access does not exist. This is probably because you're using relative application path VIs, which changed when you built your executable. This is most likely the source of your error.

Regards,

Arjun Kumar

Message 3 of 7
(7,771 Views)

Did you solve this problem? If you did, pls tell me! Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,614 Views)

What usually needs to be done is an extra Strip Path to the path when running an executable, to have it work in both environments you can use Application.kind property filter this step.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,607 Views)

Howdy,

Did you ever figure out how to fix this?  I am having the same issue.  I'm trying to build with LabVIEW 2015 and I see that I have the necessary files in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\vi.lib\Utility\config.llb

This contains the "Load.vi" and "NI_LVConfig.lvlib", but i'm still getting this error.

Thanks!

MPicazo

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,820 Views)

THe error message is not telling the library is missing but rather the name of the component in the library that detected the error.

Error 7 says the file that the config function was trying to access does not exist.

Check the path and make sure it is correct.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,814 Views)