LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 7 : Deployment of Hybrid mode scan engine and EtherCAT custom device on VeriStand

Hi,

Currently I'm working on the acquisition of a +/- 10V signal from a current sensor on Veristand, I'm using a compactRIO cRIO-9054 and NI9202 cModule. 

Since the NI9202 is not supported by Scan Engine Im using Hybrid mode to associate FPGA with Scan Engine module on LabVIEW, the Hybrid mode FPGA VI is working properly.

I generate the bitfile and when I added to the system definiton file in Custom device "scan engine and EtherCAT" the system could not deploy and it shows the following error :

The VeriStand Gateway encountered an error while deploying the System Definition file.

Details:
Error 7 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Command Loop.vi >> Project Window.lvlib:Connect to System.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x7) File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.
=========================
Nonexistent GPIB interface.
=========================
NI VeriStand: NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine Wrapper (RT).vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi >> NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Initialize Inline Custom Devices.vi >> Custom Devices Storage.lvlib:Initialize Device (HW Interface).vi

you can find attached my FPGA Project and screen of my system definition file

Do you have an Idea how to resolve this issue ? 

Thank you 

Mahmoud Samoud

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(928 Views)

This issue was resolved before by re-compiling all VI's and link some missing files.

More, to prevent this error:
Ensure any VIs with the same name are being called from the same VI Library or VI instances.
Ensure the unit under tests have internal serial numbers assigned to them.
Call the VI directly and do not specify a project path.
Do not save LabVIEW projects in the instr.lib, user.lib and vi.lib directories.
In case VIs included in an add-on package are being used, try reinstalling the add-on.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(784 Views)