LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 66 when running long LabVIEW CLI operations

Has anyone run into an error 66 when running a long LabVIEWCLI operation? I haven't been able to find anything on the forums or Knowledgebase. We're in the process of creating a few tools CI tools, and LabVIEWCLI seems to toss an error 66 on a few of the longer steps (at ~20 minutes). These are crucial steps in the CI process, and we won't be able to fully get CI off the ground until this is resolved.

To be clear, it appears that the Execute method of the errant operations don't exit cleanly; there's some logging that's supposed to occur (using the build in CLI logger) right when the Execute method finishes, but those messages never appear in the CLI output.

We're using LabVIEW 2019 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,440 Views)

Help --> Explain Error.  Enter your error code (66). 

Error 66 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: (Hex 0x42) The network connection was closed by the peer. If you are using the Open VI Reference function on a remote VI Server connection, verify that the machine is allowed access by selecting Tools>>Options>>VI Server on the server side

Hope that helps.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,413 Views)

Hey billko,

I've familiar with this error code and "Explain Error" in general, but I'm wondering why it's happening here and how I might work around it.

CO

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,407 Views)

@COwen314  escreveu:

Has anyone run into an error 66 when running a long LabVIEWCLI operation? I haven't been able to find anything on the forums or Knowledgebase. We're in the process of creating a few tools CI tools, and LabVIEWCLI seems to toss an error 66 on a few of the longer steps (at ~20 minutes). These are crucial steps in the CI process, and we won't be able to fully get CI off the ground until this is resolved.

To be clear, it appears that the Execute method of the errant operations don't exit cleanly; there's some logging that's supposed to occur (using the build in CLI logger) right when the Execute method finishes, but those messages never appear in the CLI output.

We're using LabVIEW 2019 SP1.

Hi, 

I don't know if you solved your problem yet. I was having the same issue with running this build command on the CI Server (in my case Docker Container, Gitlab), and I wasn't figuring out what was the issue.

Apparently it was a missing dependency, even if it wasn't part of the build. LabVIEW "opens" the project through VI Server and if there is something missing it throws an error. 

In my case it was Caraya Unit Test, (which was not in the build and nor in the container image). I included in the image and it worked. Probably I might have a different project file for the build or a different file for the unit testing. I'll experiment.

Hope, it solves your problems.

For the forum moderators, I suggest moving this post to the Continuous Integration Group (https://forums.ni.com/t5/Continuous-Integration/gp-p/5035).

Regards,

Felipe Pinheiro Silva

Follow my blog for LV content!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,064 Views)

Hi,

I was experiencing the same issue in my CI environment. I tried replicating the same conditions in my dev environment and noticed how every time the error happens, LabVIEW displayed a crash error (usually this pop ups are disabled in a CI environment).

Luckily the crash error pointed to one specific vi, and after resaving it, it looks it solved the issue.
I would suggest you to call the same LabVIEW CLI command that you are calling in your CI environment, but in your dev machine, and see if you are also experiencing a LabVIEW crash.

Guillermo Oviedo
R&D Software Engineer
CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,656 Views)