LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -63195 Read/Write Control

Hey guys,

I am a complete and total LabVIEW noob. I've inherited software (written in LabView 2012) from a previous student who graduated ages ago. I need to make edits to a SubVI of my FPGA in order to do my experiments. These edits don't seem like they would cause major issues, but I'm getting an error code -63195 when I run my code, and the help tool doesn't appear to be helpful. For more detail, I run the project in two steps. First, I run a program called RT VI.vi that I believe handles communication between the user interface VI and the FPGA. When I do so, it asks me to save a bunch of changes to the RT SubVIs (the change list shows that they've been recompiled). If I do so, RT VI.vi will run without any apparent issue. However, when I run the user interface VI, no data from my equipment is displayed, and RT VI.vi displays an error with code -63195 and source "Read/Write Control in Flush FPGA FIFO.vi->RT VI 6.1.vi." I read on an old forum post to uncheck the "Automatically Close VISA Sessions" checkbox or make edits to the LabVIEW.ini file, but these have not solved this issue. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Best,

Andrew

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(802 Views)

Hi Andrew,

@andrew.hensley wrote:

However, when I run the user interface VI, no data from my equipment is displayed, and RT VI.vi displays an error with code -63195 and source "Read/Write Control in Flush FPGA FIFO.vi->RT VI 6.1.vi." I read on an old forum post to uncheck the "Automatically Close VISA Sessions" checkbox or make edits to the LabVIEW.ini file, but these have not solved this issue. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

You need to debug your code as the problem is within that code.

As you didn't attach your (complete) code we cannot assist any better…

@andrew.hensley wrote:

I am a complete and total LabVIEW noob. 

Then you should learn the LabVIEW basics, learn about LabVIEW-RT and learn about LabVIEW-FPGA.

You should understand what you are doing and working with before trying to improve such old code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(772 Views)