From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 63 when connecting to LAN device

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to connect to an Alpha 4160C LED sign that is configured to run through a LAN Ethernet adapter which I have assigned an IP address and set the port to 10001.

I am able to connect and broadcast to the display with device software, but not through LabVIEW. When I run the VI I get the error message 63.

I disabled the firewall and am still unable to connect. 

I am not terribly familiar with this software and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,195 Views)

Port may already be in use by the vendor software.  Make sure to close that out first and maybe power cycle your device.  Also, I would recommend adding a "TCP close connection" function to the end of your attached code to make sure that LabVIEW releases that port when the VI is finished running.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,186 Views)

Thanks for the response, though it's still giving me the error. I checked resource monitor to double check the port is not in use. I also found that when I ran the VI, resource monitor showed labVIEW is trying to connect through remote port of 3580. Is this normal? I appreciate the help,

-Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,182 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author karns12

I bet that is LabVIEW trying to access the NI Service Locator background process.  Since you have a string wired in to the port number, it's probably telling LabVIEW to look for a named service with a name of "10001", which doesn't exists.  Try replacing that string with a U16 integer datatype.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,173 Views)

That did it, thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,135 Views)