cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -61499 occurred at niFpgaTimingViolation_InitializeHighlightData.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am a veteran LabVIEW FPGA user and lately I have been having a problem getting a certain vi to compile.  A certain VI of mine written for the PXI-7953R target always fails to compile with a timing violation.  Whenever I click on "Analyze timing violations", I get an internal error message and no information to determine how to fix my vi.  A part of me is thinking that there is a component or indicator that is forgotten somewhere on the screen and is too far away from my main vi "island" to find/see it.  Any advice from anyone?  I have attached my error log files.

Error -61499 occurred at niFpgaTimingViolation_InitializeHighlightData.vi

Possible reason(s):

An internal error occurred. Please try again or contact National Instruments.
Details:
Error Code --> -61499
Error Text --> <APPEND>
Additional Information: There is no matching tag in Xilinx twx file
There is no matching tag in Xilinx twx file

Return Code:-3003

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,668 Views)

Update:

In my program, I was reading from a PXI Trigger line from withing a single-cycle timed loop that was going 125 MHz.  I disabled that function and repaced it with a FIFO read and it compiled!  Now I know what is causing the problem. 

I have attached a VI snippet of the sub-VI.  Look at the second loop.  I will try to re-create my Trigger and see if it will re-compile successfully.

-John

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,660 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author John80

Solved!

It makes so much sense now too....

The PXI Trigger runs inside a 10MHz clock domain, and my other loop, the one which was accessing this Trigger line was running at 125MHz!  So obviously that was a problem.... I pulled the PXI Trigger out of that loop and placed it into a slower and compatible loop running at 40 MHz and my problem is now gone.  If only LabVIEW FPGA would have told me that sooner...

-John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,647 Views)