LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 54 in a FTP transfer

Hi all! I have an application that runs on a PCI7041 (RT target). It controls a process and adquire some data very fast during a short amount of time. Then it stores adquired data in a file inside the PCI board. I have also a User Interface for this application that runs on PC where PCI board is connected. In this application there is an option that allows user to get this file from the RT target via FTP. PCI7041 is connected to PCI bus in the PC, so FTP address could be "localhost" or PC's IP address. When I tested it in the past, I didn't know what to use ("localhost" or IP address). "Localhost" usually worked but sometimes it didn't. In this case I used IP address and it always worked so I developed a VI that tries to connect with "localhost" and, if it gets an error, tries again with IP address. This application has been working without problems. Then, we changed the PC and reinstall all hardware and software. Application seemed to work properly. We made some tests with it without any problem. But one day, we used this "Get FTP file" function and we get "Error 54: The network address is ill-formed". This function had been used in the past without problems, even after PC reinstallation. I thought it wasn't important because this problem had only appeared once after a quite long time of use. But now this problem is getting more and more frequent. When we use this FTP function it usually works but sometimes we get this error 54. When we get this error, we can't get the file, but if we perform another adquisition (file is overwritten) and try again, it works and we can get this new file. Can anybody help me? Does anybody know what the problem can be? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,621 Views)
Hi

What versions of software are you running? What about windows? Is the firewall enable? are the ports open?

Here is a link you might use to troubleshoot your problems

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/EACC6BAC07802E5486256D2B007A27B8?OpenDocument

Also, in the link at the end of the document there is a VI you can use to test FTP communication with the board.

Hope it helps

Javier Gutiérrez
NI Application Engineering
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,596 Views)