From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 50103 occured at DAQmx Start Task.vi

My current application has two redundant applications, each on a seperate front panel tab.  I want to be able to monitor the thermocouple temp on one or both high temp furnaces.  Everyhting works perfectly for one furnace, but when I created the second tab and configured it the same way, there is a problem.  One thermocouple is listed as Dev1/ai0, while the other is listed as Dev1/ai1.  I'm using an NI cRIO-9211 Thermocouple Module, which has 4 thermocouple inputs.  I assumed that I could address different inputs on the same device without causing any problems, but it appears not.  Whichever of the two DAQmx Start Task VIs occurs second causes the above-mentioned error.  I know there must be a more refined way of running the two thermocouples simultaneously, but I went with the most obvious to me at the time.  ANYWAY, can ANYONE offer advice on eliminating this appparent resource conflict?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,185 Views)
It is hard to tell if your vi is operating the way you intend it to from your description.

Both of the tasks you are creating will race to start at about the same time (tab control isn't doing anything but hiding front panel indicators). When one task starts it reserves the timing resource, locking out the second task (whichever one that happens to be).

If it's going to be on the same device you may as well get both measurements in the one task and separate the two waveforms into two different windows/files if you really want to.

You can use the "Tab Control" to index the waveforms coming out of the DAQmx read, and to select which text file to save your data too.
The only problem with doing it the way I've shown (in the 2nd image) is that if the user changes the tab during data acquisition, logging will instantly switch from one channel to the other. If you put the 'Tab Control' outside while loop though, the tab selected at the start will stay until the acquisition is finished. You may want to disable the tab control
to prevent it being changed during acquisition.  Like I said, it's a bit difficult to tell exactly what you're trying to achieve from your description.
(I would just record both and display both temperatures in the same chart).

Message Edited by Troy Kujawski on 06-01-2007 02:39 PM

Message Edited by Troy Kujawski on 06-01-2007 02:58 PM

Troy - CLD "If a hammer is the only tool you have, everything starts to look like a nail." ~ Maslow/Kaplan - Law of the instrument
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,183 Views)