LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -50012

Dear all,

while transferring my program from Win7 to Win10 I encountered a problem I have not been able to solve yet:

"Error -50012 occurred at StartAcquisition.vi" after the "Analog 2D DBL NChan NSamp" SubVI. "Possible reasons: The specified mode is not supported for write operations. The operation could not be completed as specified." I attach an excerpt of the program as zip-file.

Software: LabView SP1 2014 64-bit, NI Max 20.0, NI-DAQmx 17.6

Hardware: PCIe 6343

Thanks in advance for any help,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,111 Views)

Hi Daniel,

how did you define the AO DAQmx task?

How does the content of this CSV file looks like?

Edit:

It really helps to provide a lvproj file, and to correctly indicate the MainVI of your project!

It seems the AO task is created with 2 channels and without any sampe timing, so just "1 sample on demand" would be ok. But in the acquisition you want to output a large (?) 2D array, so you need to provide some timing information first!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,104 Views)

Thank you for the quick response!

Sorry for not having put it together as a project.

The "ReducedTestFile.vi" is the main program. An exemplary VA.txt spreadsheet I attached now. The AO DAQmx task is defined in "SEMPA Initial Beam Poistion_test.vi" with two channels (X and Y control) and the timing is defined before writing the 2D array by synchronisation with the counter output in "SEMPA Sync Counters to Analog Out_CtrOut_test.vi".

Kind regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,080 Views)

Hi Daniel,

first you create the AO task using two channels without specifying any timing. Then you start the task.

Later on you want to set sample timing  and some other properties of this task - even though the task is already started!

Later on you want to output an array of samples…

Why do you split the task creation into two VIs?

Why don't you create the task with it's full specification right from the beginning?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,075 Views)

Since I have not written the program myself, I can just guess.

The AO serves to control the deflection voltage of a scanning electron microscope to scan a certain area.

It might be a matter of timing, that in a first step the initial position of the beam is written and as soon as the user presses the start botton (not included in this mini program) the scan starts.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,068 Views)