LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 4823 when restarting a sound input

I have recently switched to Labview 2009 under Windows XP. A sound application that worked under 8.6 now does not. The key problem seems to be that I get an error 4823 (LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x12D7) You cannot perform this operation without an active task.  Ensure that a task is active and try again. An input task might stop running if the input buffer overflows. Overflow occurs when the data is not read fast enough.) when I try to restart a stopped sound input.

I have included a small test program that reliably causes the error. Can anyone spot what, if anything, I've done wrong? Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by huub on 05-26-2010 06:13 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,097 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,079 Views)

It is bug introduced in Labview 9.x. I do not know why, but the sound system introduced in Labview 8.x has far from been the best work done by NI. And it seams like NI do not care about its performance either.

I often use system http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/waveio?PHPSESSID=i71tqa5p7v8ppd5e9ek0omh481 It is much better than Labview system. Even if it use the same windows sub system. You can use the start and stop functions in this toolkit (waveio toolkit) Or you can replace the Labview 9.x sound2.dll with the 8.6 sound.dll. The bug is reported here http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=499655#M499655  car# 226856.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,069 Views)

Coq Rouge wrote:

Or you can replace the Labview 9.x sound2.dll with the 8.6 sound.dll.

Oh this was wrong. I meant this. Or you can replace the Labview 9.x sound2.dll with the 8.6 sound2.dll. You will also probably find a sound.dll in your Labview system. This is the old sound system used in before Labview 8.x. This was actually a well done sound system.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,059 Views)

Hi there!

Does anybody know if this has been fixed in LabVIEW Spring 2011 edition? I have got the new software with me, but don't want to install it on my already packed computer if this doesn't resolve the bugs that are haunting me.

Would appreciate responses if you know this or can guide me to the page which says about it.

Thanks ahead!

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,373 Views)

Hi Vaibhav,

It is best to check the readme file associated with LabVIEW 2011 to determine if a fix for a particular CAR has been implemented.  The CAR relating to this issue is the following: CAR #226856

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,346 Views)

According to the labview 2011 readme file, the problem was fixed in that version. I will try it out and post a reply. 

Nadhi

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,287 Views)

This is fixed. But the Labview audio VIs still suffer from poor preformance. Do not waste time on them

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,279 Views)