LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 46300 on built executable (LV8). Can't debug or find an explanation anywhere.

I get the following error when I run my built executable (Windows XP, LV 8).

"VI has an error  of type 46300. The full development version of LabVIEW is
    required to fix the errors"

I added a simple message promp at the very start of the code to see if it even gets that far, but it doesn't. The VI runs fine on the development system. When I try to debug the executable I can't even start the VI from the debugger (broken run arrow). So I have no way to debug it and the error doesn't show up in any listing. Please help!

George 
Message 1 of 7
(3,297 Views)
Hi George,

This indeed sounds like a tricky problem, but there are several steps we can take.  I haven't found any information on this error specifically, but I have found information on several errors which I suspect are the same under the covers.  Check out these discussion forum posts: 

I know this is a lot of info, but is seems like this error can have several causes (no drivers or incorrect drivers on target machine, bad linkage in the VI hierarchy, etc).  If none of this helps, then I have a few more questions/suggestions:

First of all, I assume that you can build and run other executables without encountering this problem?  If you haven't tried this, please do so that we can determine if there is something wrong with your installation of LabVIEW.

Second, I can only see two ways to debug this application.  You can remove different pieces of the VI and rebuild the application until it runs without error or you can start from something that works, and then add more and more complexity on until you find the section that results in this error 46300.  Is this a particularly complex VI?  Are using DAQ, IMAQ, or other drivers?

The third option would be to post your code so that we could try to build it on other machines in case it makes any difference.  This may or may not be an option depending on the size of your app.  Perhaps you can pare it down to the smallest section that reproduces the error and we can take a look at that.

I hope this helps.  Please let us know how it's going.

Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,270 Views)

Megan,

Thanks for the reply. I just figured out the problem this morning. The error occurred because I didn't have the IMAQ Vision Deployment Engine on the development PC. I put it on the target PC - the instructions are a little confusing. Anyway that fixed it.

It sure would be nice if an error occurs that there's a way to figure out what it means. When you guys can't even find the error listed, well, then we're all up a creek.

George

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,266 Views)
Hi George,

I'm glad you got it worked out!  I understand your frustration that the error wasn't explained anywhere.  I felt the same way myself when I searched our internal databases and couldn't find it :).  I'm going to write a KnowledgeBase on this error so that hopefully the next person to encounter it won't have the same experience.

I also suggest that you put in a suggestion at our Product Suggestion Center to bring this to the attention of R&D!

Best Regards,
Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,264 Views)

Before you write it up, I opened a service request for this this morning because I needed an answer. Sarah was going to write it up.

George

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,263 Views)

I received today an identical Error except with type 42300.

After installing of IMAQ Vision Deployment Engine, the Error message did not show up anymore and the application was running like suppose to.

Just wanted to confirm that this has to do something with the Vision Deployment Engine and that the type of Error can change.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,241 Views)

Not necessarily.  I got Error 42300 this morning when installing an EXE I had built and the computer has the Vision Deployment Engine installed. I even reinstalled it just in case.

Yes, it's frustrating.  I opened the app with the remote debugger and it doesn't show any errors.  I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Doug Asselbergs
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,109 Views)