From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 43 in Write to Spreadsheet File (DBL)

GerdW wrote:

so it's a RIO: a RIO (usually) has no user interface and so you cannot open a dialog to ask the user for some settings (like filenames)…

More specifically, this is running on the RT System.  RT (typically) doesn't have a UI and therefore your dialog is just instantly canceled, causing error code 43.

But you also need to be very careful, depending on how much non-volitile memory (ie harddrive space) is availble on the sbRIO.  And also know that the sbRIO can't write to your C drive.  It can write to a network shared drive on your computer using the network address.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(854 Views)

so does it means it is impossible to me to save a 2d array data using "write to spreadsheet"?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(846 Views)

Hi yapp,

no, it means: you cannot use any dialogs on your sbRIO.

Use predefined path constants (with the restrictions given by crossrulz) and you will be fine!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(844 Views)

Thx to crossrulz and GerdW. Now the error 43 is gone when i change the type of dialog in "Write to Spreadsheet.vi" to "No dialog". After that, i create a network folder from Map Network Drive. Is it correct to this stage?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(834 Views)

Hi Yapp,

NEVER change any VIs in the vi.lib!

Create your own copy of that VI and do any changes you like on that copy! (Or even better: use some simple file functions (Open, Write, Close) with basic string formatting instead…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(830 Views)

I'm not sure about the Map Network Drive.  Where is that mapped drive pointing to?  And even then, whatever you mapped the drive to on your computer, the sbRIO will not be able to use that label.  Think of the sbRIO as its own computer (since it really is).  Would you expect my computer to be able to access your mapped drives?

What I typically do is make a folder C:\shared and then make that folder network shared.  Then other computers can access it via a network address in the format \\ComputerID\shared.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(827 Views)