LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -363202 (Only in Application.exe) using "Write Biosignal"

Hi,

I am using the VI express "Write Biosignal" in Funtions Palette > Biomedical > Biomedical File I/O  (Installed with the Biomedical Toolkit)

I want to write data in the EDF format, and it works well in the development system; I created an executable with the Application Builder and it works fine if I run it in the same computer that the developmenet system. However, when I move to another computer (which already has the LV RunTime installed) the executable has an error and does not write the EDF file.

The error is the -363202 that corresponds to "The file or image is not supported. "  Link

Full error text:

Write Data <APPEND>

<b>Complete call chain:</b>

NI_BMTK_FileIO.lvlib:biosignal file create channel group.vi:2900003
     NI_BMTK_FileIO.lvlib:biosignal export (block by block).vi:6380002
     NI_BMTK_FileIO.lvlib:subWrite Biosignal.vi:2190001
     main.vi:Instance:0
     main.vi

Attached is my LV project (edf_files_exe.zip) and the executable (My Application.zip). Both for LV 2013 32-bit

Any advice or suggestion about this problem?

Thank you

Raymundo

Raymundo Cassani
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,955 Views)

Hello Raymundo,

Can you tell me what operating system you are currently using?  And to confirm, you are using LabVIEW 2013?  Is it SP1 by any chance?

Thanks,

Jonathan R.

Applications Engineer

National Instrument

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,898 Views)

Hi Jonathan,

My development system in W8.1 with LabVIEW 2013 (Version 13.0 32-bit), and I tried the executable in a W8.1 system with the LabVIEW RunTime 2013 SP1

Thank you

Do not hesitate if you need more info

Raymundo

Raymundo Cassani
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,894 Views)

Hello Raymundo,

This sounds like a compatibility issue.  Why don't you try to use the same LabVIEW version and let me know how that goes.  Normally you have to stick with the same LabVIEW version when your installing/implementing RunTime.  

Cheers,

Jonathan R.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,874 Views)
Did you actually create an installer that has all of the necessary components or did you go the lazy (and incorrect) way and just copy the exe over?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,868 Views)

Hi,

Denis, I created and use the Installer, with the Automatically select recommended installer checkbox selected (image). Additionally, I tried in the lazy way and it did not work either.

Jonathan, the RunTime is the suggested by the Installer (image).

Interesting, if I try the application in another computer with LabVIEW installed as well as the Biomedical toolbox on it, it works perfectly, it seems that some components to write biosignlas are not in the included. Additionally, I'd tried to explicitly include all the Biosignal-related VIs in the Support Directory (changing the destination for Dependencies in the Application EXE properties >> Source File Settings ), and that did not work.

Thanks

Screenshot 2015-02-03 19.27.50.png

Raymundo Cassani
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,851 Views)

Was this ever solved? I am having a similar issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,101 Views)

Hi Jon, 

Could you provide more details of your issue (software installed, steps taken)? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,093 Views)

Hi,

I have LabVIEW 2014 32 bit installed. I also have the Biomedical toolkit installed with the VI Package Manager. I also use AstroNova's API library to talk to the TMX-18 chart recorder that i am using. In the application, i use the Read Biosignal.vi and the Write Biosignal.vi to read *.dcr files and write them as *.TDMS files. I also use the Read biosignal.vi to read the *.TDMS files and analyze the data. I get the application to compile and install on my dev PC (Windows 7 SP1). All functions work in the project and in the installed exe. When i do a fresh install on a different windows 7 PC, I get the same error number (-363202) and a similar error path to the original post. I have to get them from m In the Source Distribution, Executable, and Installer i include the Biomedical Toolkit File IO library but not each individual vi in the library.

The whole error is:

Error - 363202 occurred at error in NI_BMTK_FileIO.lvlib:biosignal import (block by block).vi:2660002 --> NI_BMTK_FileIO.lvlib: subRead Biosignal.vi:2490001 --> BusinessConvertDCRtoTDMS.vi:instance 1 --> BusinessConvertDCRtoTDMS.vi --> TS16-0528_01_Main.vi

Possible reason(s):

Biomedical Toolkit: The file or image is not supported.

Message 9 of 11
(3,081 Views)

Hi Jon,

Did you make it work eventually ? I'm having the same issue when developing an application using biomedical toolkit VI and LV2014. After building the exe and installer it works great on the development PC, but when running them on another PC, the application works great except the VIs that use any of the biomedical toolkit VIs. I get the same error as you. The error disappears if you install Labview and VIPM and biomedical toolkit on the target PC, but it's very time consuming. Would love to know if there is a workaround !

Thanks

Boris

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,717 Views)