LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 3: Wrong memory zone accessed

Hi Folks, i got the message "Error 3: Wrong memory zone accessed" while i am running my labview program. so you have any ideas on how to solve it??

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,344 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,338 Views)

Hi, i did check that webpage before i posted my question. their suggested solutions did not solve my problem. my error meassge remained.

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,335 Views)

Then you might need to be a bit more specific, like what version of LV do you use, where in your VI this error comes up, whats the purpose of the VI (content)?

Thanks,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,332 Views)

I am using labview 2009. The VI is designed to communicate with an instrument (optical spectrum analyzer) . the error pops out after the function "GPIB write"

Lee

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,315 Views)
Then your instrument driver uses the old GPIB nodes. error 3 can be also a GPIB error, which in the past was also mentioned in the error message, but most people seem to read over it. The LabVIEW error 3 has in fact no meaning anymore, since the different memory zones that could be used in LabVIEW have been removed long time ago.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,300 Views)

Hi all,

I have the same exact problem sometimes when the cameras that I try to connect to lose communication somehow. I have not configured yet what is causing this trouble but whenever I have response from the cameras and I terminate my program I don't have this issue. Only when the cameras freeze this error comes up. I shut down my computer and start again, the error disappeared and after some runs of my code it comes back again. Usually, when I terminate my code abruptly (stopping it from LV panel) this happens, which makes me think that some initialization parameter for my device gets corrupted on the way. 

I may be wrong though.

I am not using GPIB ports as the error suggest only USB ports to connect with my cameras. If anyone has a better suggestion for this or could explain how the communication is established when you try to communicate with the device using its drivers' library which is the case for me, it would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,233 Views)

What sort of camera is this? What driver do you use to access it? Most likely the VI library you use does simply return the error code of the underlying API in the error cluster and does not bother to convert it to a meaningful LabVIEW error.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 8 of 11
(4,230 Views)

If so see this spoiler.

Spoiler

Another person is asking about non-thread safe dll and I attempted to share what I think I originally learned by reading your posts. I suggested wrapping the dll calls up... See here if you have time to take a look.

Please excuse the distraction!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,219 Views)

Done Smiley Happy

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,206 Views)