From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 2901 - Source Control configuration with MKS Source Integrity Suite 2005

I am trying to configure source control option with LabVIEW 8.5.1 and MKS Source Integrity Client 2005 (Build 4.7.0.3465/service pack 015-01), and experiencing the following error:

Error -2901 occurred at prefPage_Source Control.vi
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  An error occurred during source control provider initialization.

To reproduce:
1) Install MKS and configure it to integrate MS Visual Studio.NET/2003/2005.
2) LabVIEW Tools->Options->SourceControl.
3) Select 'MKS SCC Integration' from the drop down menu for 'Source Control provider name'
4) Error 2901

I am running it on Windows XP, and I was informed that source control with MKS did not produce this error with LabVIEW 8.2.1.  Is there a service pack or a work around for this?

Thanks,
Shari Chen
Test Engineer
Symmetricom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,888 Views)

This issue was resolved internally.  For anyone searching for this issue, the solution was as follows:

Note this involves editing the Windows registry, so make sure you have a back up before you make any changes. 

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mortice Kern Systems\Integrations\SCC\IDEs\National Instruments LabVIEW. 

Set the key "dllName" to the value "use base".

It has also been noted that uninstalling and then reinstalling MKS may work as well.

Regards,

Jeremy_B

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,802 Views)

I am seeing this same error but when I look thru the registry I do not see the

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mortice Kern Systems\Integrations\SCC\IDEs\National Instruments LabVIEW] entry. I have not set up a sandbox on my local machine yet.

I am using the following:

Labview 2010

MKS Integrity 2007

In MKS I have enabled Microsoft Visual Studio.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.

In Labview under Tools/Source Control/Configure Source Control/Source Control Provider Name I can select MKS SCC Integration. However I get the following error "Could not locate registry information for the SCC-enabled IDE: National Instruments LabVIEW The MKS Integrity SCC Extension may not be installed correctly. Do you want to attempt to use the base SCC functionality?"

This is then followed up by this error "Could not set the registry entry SOFTWARE/Mortice Kern Systems/Integrations/SCC/IDEs=National Instruments LabVIEW The registry has not been modified properly. The SCC Extensions will not work until the entry has been set properly.

Then I recieve the Error-2908 occured at prefPage_Source Control.vi.

Am I missing something on the install from MKS? I installed it from our local network and selected the Windows Client Install.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,036 Views)

Hi Phil,

Do you mind if I ask what OS you are running?  I know that 64-bit systems handle registry a bit differently, particularly when using 32-bit applications.  If you are running a 64-bit system, try Googling "Windows 64 registry WoW"- you might find the answer to your question.  If you do, please post a solution.

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,028 Views)

Tom, I am using windows 7 64 bit operating system. After googling windows 7 wow64 I was able to find the Mortice Kern Systems registry entry but I do not see the Labview key. Attached is a screenshot of my registry

Thanks,

Phil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,023 Views)