LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2519 at TDMS file I/O on Windwos Server 2012

Hello everybody,

I have a weird problem with an application and hope you can help me:

I have a  LabVIEW program as service running on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine that should create pdf reports on user request. It takes entries from a database, puts the content into a tdms file and sends the result to DIAdem. All in all it works fine for a small amount of requested datasets.

The other day, I requested a large amount of reports (something like 5000+) and after round about 4800 reports I got the error -2519. After this, I couldn't send any new request without getting this error immediatly. After shutting down and restarting the service, I could request reports again up to nearly the same number of reports (even with different datasets ... always up to the same amount of requested reports).

So I decided to make some tests with the tdms VIs and wrote the VI attatched. It creates a tdms file and afterwards it just opens and closes the file in a loop only writing the loop counter as an attribute. Now here comes the weird thing: I've built the application using LabVIEW 2014. I tried the application using different Systems:

Windows 7: work fine

Windows 10: works fine

Windows Server 2008: works fine

Windows Server 2012: works fine as Long as I run the program as a local user. When I run it with Administrator priviledges, it opens and closes the file round about 4800 times. Afterwards, it fires the Error -2519. I'm even not able to restart the program using the run button. But when I Close the application again, it works again up to the same Point.

Does that Sound familiar to anyone? My next test step is trying to build the application with a different LabVIEW Version. I'll let you guys know if the Problem still appears.

Kind regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,301 Views)

Hi Daniel,

I found following post to your error.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Real-Time-Measurement-and/tdms-2519-error/m-p/2570325#M13927

at the very last point it is saying:

... looks like dll mismatch 64/32bit.

Error occurs by using 32-bit LV15.

64-bit-tdms.dll  (1047kB) resides at ../Program Files/National Instruments/Shared/TDMS and

32-bit tdms.dll (769kB) at ../Program Files (x86)/ni\Shared\TDMS.

Rename 64-bit-version to tdms_64.dll and copy 32-bit-dll to that (64-bit) folder is my solution.

Hope it's useful.

May be this explains the different bebavior in th different machines.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,250 Views)

Hi,

I've tried this solution and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. The effect is that the program doesn't run anymore when I try to runs it with local priviledges. Running it as adminstrator leads to the same error as before.

Kind regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,235 Views)