From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 22A8 "Error requires full development system to be fixed"

Hello, I have successfully built my application with the application builder. The application is a plug-in architecture where I have paths to different .lvclass files internally in the .exe file which I have set to "always included" in the build. The different classes will be loaded dynamically

When I run the executable on my development machine it start up and everything works fine. But when I want to run in on another machine with only the LV runtime installed I get the following error:

Error 22A8 "Error requires full development system to be fixed"

How is that? anyone know what that mean? I don't find much information about this when I search on the internet so i'm kinda stuck now. Im using LV 2011 sp1.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,396 Views)

Hi,

What is the runtime engine that you installed in the other computer? Does that computer have any LabVIEW installed as well?

May i have a screenshot of that error code again? I don't think the is such an error link error 22A8. 

If you want to create an application (.exe) which is to be run on a computer that does not have any NI software installed. I suggest that you create an installer not an executable. You can build an installer using application builder. What it does is that it includes not only runtime engine but also other addons which is required due to the toolkits you may have used in your code. 

You can learn about creating installers here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_NsSOVx3wc

If the error still comes out, you can refer to the other discussions with the similar error message as yours:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F715F1ED66878F8E862574F8006AD6A1

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/13164/en/#212136_by_Category

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/A-full-development-version-of-labview-required-to-fix-the-errors/m-p...

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,384 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for answering!

I have acctually created an installer that includes all the required runtimes of the application and I have verified that all the runtimes are installed on the target computer, that includes the LV 2011 runtime.

I have a screenshot but it located on my build computer at work and I be home some more days but im sure the error is "Error 22A8, Error requires full development server to be fixed" I will upload screenshot in some days when im back at work.

So it is a strange error sine the application runs fine on my development computer but not on the target computer with the runtimes installed.

But I got some tips from the links you provided in your post so I will try those and get back with the results as soon as I can.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,352 Views)

Hello again,

This is the screenshot of the error 22A8 I get when running the application from the machine with just the LV 2011 runtime installed. As i said earlier the executable start up just fine on my machine with the full development environment installed.

Best regards

Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,316 Views)
What else did you include in the installer? Exactly which runtimes are you talking about? Did you also include the data folder? Are you calling any dll or VI dynamically? The error happens when some dependency is missing and you have a broken VI somewhere. Without seeing the code or the installer you created, it's impossible to say exactly what.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,300 Views)

I got it working now.

I had to install .NET 2.0 SP1 to get it to work. Not sure if the patch is updated through the windows update since the target computer don't have a internet connection. It is not included in the Win XP SP3 installer.

The LabVIEW installer only installed support for the .NET 4.0 runtime.

Thanks for the help anyway 🙂

/Thomas

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,268 Views)

Well XP ships with .Net 2.0 out of the box. And you have to make sure to install newer .Net versions such as 3.5 or 4.x either through MS automatic software update or explicitedly.

Windows 7 ships with .Net 4.x out of the box and MS does not automatically install older versions since they want everyone to move to the latest version. LabVIEW can't install .Net 2.0 for you (MS wouldn't allow that) nor does it really need it if you are not calling any external .Net components.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,233 Views)